Badass Tents Take Rooftop Tents to Next Level With 5 Patents filed in 2021
Badass Tents® introduces its RECON™ model Made-in-USA rooftop tent that fits most vehicles with a roof rack or crossbars. This tactical styled roof top tent joins it’s family of “lightest & slimmest” hardtop roof top tents on the market today weighing in at 135 lbs. and 5” tall fully loaded. The RECON’s Onyx Black tactical-styled pop up roof top tent combines the RUGGED’s exterior shell and the CONVOY’s frame and tent to create the perfect blend of style and spacious tent. Badass Tents developed several custom mounting applications that allow for mounting the tent 1” above the roof of the vehicle to dramatically reduce wind drag and noise.
Badass Tents is disrupting the rooftop tent industry by engineering next level concepts to market and has already filing 5 new patents in 2021. Prior to the Badass Tent filings, there were only 11 live patents worldwide in the category. Patents include radical industry-leading features like modular assembly to reduce transport costs, moon roof, streamlined roof rack design that integrates like it’s a part of the vehicle, RUGGED and now RECON utility case design and more.
Badass Tents’ RECON popup tent is designed to set up in 2 minutes or less by releasing the hidden clasps and giving a slight push to raise the tent to 40”. Enter through one of the 3 large zippered doors that sport spacious windows and stretch out on the comfortable integrated mattress. Setting up camp couldn’t be easier and you’ll have best view in camp with full 360° views out the 4 large windows.
All Badass Tents (also known as BA Tents) are quick to set up, feature a sleek ultra-compact design for low wind noise which doesn’t affect gas mileage, have first in-class patented features, made using durable impact modified ABS material with a utility finish over a high strength extruded aluminum frame and offers cost savings through some user assembly. Stay where you play with a convenient Badass rooftop tent.
The Badass Tents’ RECON roof top tent is designed to look like a tactical utility case on top of your rig. This model’s popup design offers a 360-degree view with its large windows. The RECON’s 5” tall ultra-low-profile design is part of the family the “lightest, thinnest hardtop rooftop tents” on the market today at 135 lbs. and will allow most vehicles to pull into residential garages and parking structures without having to remove the rooftop tent. *
Outstanding vehicle integration keeps BA Tent’s roof top tents snug to the vehicle for better performance, on road, off-road or wherever adventures can be found daily. The enhanced aesthetic is another Badass bonus that overlanders and campers alike value.
- Built to fit on most vehicles that have a roof rack or can be fitted with crossbar rails or on a truck bed rack
- Lightweight and low profile at 135lbs and 5” tall total height
- Military inspired tactical styling available in Utility Onyx Black
- Patented modular design with expert DIY assembly delivers quality at a lower price
- Large, oversized windows provide an unobstructed 360-degree view to bring the outside in
- Durable, micro-weave black mesh window screens keep bugs out and are fully watertight when zipped closed
- OEM-style vehicle integration reduces drag co-efficiency and allows for garage entry
- 90% recycled ABS hard-shell layering material offers earth-friendly fabrication
- High-performance tent walls made of 400 denier 8oz waterproof and UV-resistant modern nylon fabrics
- Gas shock frame lift system allows for quick set up and structural integrity in all conditions
- Two person + dog sleeping capacity (unless you get really cozy!)
- 100% recycled thermal regulating mattress pad offers comfort and support
- Coated and weather-resistant zippers with branded zipper pulls
- Made-in-USA quality you can see, backed up by a 3-year warranty**
The BA Tent’s engineering team uses their knowledge of powersport aerodynamics and durable plastics, used in automotive, military and medical applications, to develop best-in-class rooftop tents that people will be proud to install on their vehicles.
“Our RECON model is designed to accommodate any vehicle with roof rails and cross bars, or truck bed frame, so more people can comfortably stay near their favorite outdoor activity location,” explained Badass Tents Founder Roger Davis. “Our badass customers asked for a military-inspired rugged look and the CONVOY frame/tent combo to stand out from the crowd, and we delivered.” Badass Tent’s RECON rooftop tents are available now at badasstents.com and select retailers starting at $3,499.95.
Learn more about Badass Tents and how they can improve outdoor experiences at BadassTents.com. Follow on Instagram, Facebook and see the latest videos on YouTube.
About Badass Tents:
Founded in 2020, Badass Tents is disrupting and revolutionizing the rooftop tent category through its patented designs and durable Made-in-the-USA quality components. The tents integrate with vehicle roofs to provide better performance and aesthetics in transit and when fully deployed. Badass Tents (also known as BA Tents) are field-tested under real-life scenarios in the mountains, desert and at the beach near the company’s San Diego headquarters where the philosophy is Down to earth, but still above. Learn more at BadassTents.com.