Boise, Idaho (September 4, 2018) – The Gen 1 BLR-16 series rifles blew away the market, creating a new standard for a lightweight, high performance AR15. The BLR-16 Gen 2 features key refinements that make this rifle even better. It’s all in the engineering details and the incredible machining processes that make a high-tech rifle of this nature possible.
2A Armament enhanced the hand guards and receiver set while adding new components to round out the perfect AR15. It uses the Gen 2 upper and lower receivers with CNC machined 7075-T16 billet and a 2A bolt and full mass carrier with an 8620 machined body and 9310 machined bolt. The machining processes used are the most advanced and precise, creating a consistent and exceptionally durable end product.
The accessories really add tactical performance value to the BLR-16 Gen 2. The handguard is 15″ 6061 extruded BL G2-Rail in M-LOK or KEYMod. The muzzle device is a 2A titanium T3 compensator and the stock grip is a favorite Mission First Minimalist design. The ALG-ACT trigger group also has an optional light or heavy hammer spring. The light spring is perfect for shooters wanting a light, sensitive trigger for tactical use. A heavy hammer spring is ideal for long scopes and distance precision.
At an amazing 5-pounds, you won’t find a lighter rifle that still packs a punch and outperforms those with more weight. That was not a typo, it weighs 5-pounds! The BLR-16 Gen 2 is easy to handle and a joy to shoot.
Key BLR-16 Gen 2 Rifle Features:
- A BALIOS LITE GEN 2 LOWER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet with flared mag-well, hard coat type-III anodized, rear tensioning screw, rear takedown spring retainer, screw in bolt catch pin.
- 2A BALIOS LITE GEN 2 UPPER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet “slick side” mil-spec port door, retained port door rod, M-4 feed ramps, machined indexing marks.
- 2A BOLT AND FULL MASS CARRIER – 8620 machined body with QPQ process, 9310 machined bolt, cryogenically treated, MPT, QPQ process
- 2A BARREL – 16″ Pencil profile, 416-R stainless steel, mid-length gas system, 5.56 NATO spec chamber, 1 in 8 twist, 1/2×28 thread, QPQ process, titanium gas block.
- 2A RECEIVER EXTENSION – 2A Armament buffer tube and 2A latch plate, standard H-Buffer.
- 2A HANDGUARD – 2A Armament 15″ 6061 extruded BL G2-RAIL, M-LOK, or KeyMod, titanium barrel nut.
- 2A MUZZLE DEVICE – 2A Titanium T3 compensator.
- CHARGING HANDLE: BCM-mod4
- STOCK/GRIP – MAGPUL MIAD Grip, Mission First minimalist stock.
- LOWER PARTS – 2A magazine catch, 2A through drilled titanium takedown pins, Mil-spec safety and bolt catch.
- TRIGGER – ALG-ACT trigger group with optional light or heavy hammer spring.
- WEIGHT – 5.0 pounds based on options.
- Ships with one MAGPUL P-MAG and die cut foam box
- Product of the Great State of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
2A Armament: State of the Art Firearm Manufacturing
Find all your favorite lines at 2A-ARMS.com.
Built with performance and craftsmanship in mind, 2A Armament offers a dynamic line up of hunting and precision rifles, uppers, parts, and accessories. 2A Armament’s facilities feature state of the art manufacturing and process controls to ensure the highest possible quality in high-volume, technically demanding components and finished rifles on the market. We are a CNC, ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certified advance manufacturing machining shop for the aerospace, medical, prosthetic, motorsports, semiconductor and outdoor recreation markets. Out technical ability coupled with hand finishing of every part, results in an unmatched fit, finish, and performance of our firearms. There is no better AR platform available to consumers that present a better balance or weight, performance and value.
For more information, please visit