Browning Wicked Blend™: A Lethal Combination for Waterfowl

ARNOLD, Mo., (January 29, 2021) – Browning® Ammunition has added yet another excellent option for the serious waterfowler. The all-new Wicked Blend™ shotshells utilize a combination of bismuth and steel for even better performance on ducks and geese at extended ranges.

The same premium plated steel shot from the award-winning Wicked Wing® XD makes up 70% of the shot payload by weight. The remaining 30% is a premium plated precision rounded bismuth for a stacked payload like no other. Bismuth is significantly denser and heavier than steel, which allows for use of a smaller shot size with equivalent performance. By dropping down in shot size, the number of pellets and the pattern density increase. Additionally, those smaller bismuth pellets penetrate deeper into the target to break bone and penetrate vitals.
 
In addition to the increase in pellet count and downrange energy, the extra-distance Wicked Wad™ is engineered to ensure uniform shot release and tight patterns through a variety of choke designs. All of this paired with high velocities and a wide choice of shot sizes and you have a formula for depositing more focused, high-energy hits on birds for cleaner kills and easier retrieves.

Wicked Blend is offered in two 12ga 3-inch loads and two 12ga 3 1/2-inch loads, where you can choose between a blend of #2 steel with #4 bismuth or BB steel with #1 bismuth, and there’s also one 20ga 3-inch offering of #2 steel with #4 bismuth. With load specs for both ducks and geese, there is a Wicked Blend formula right for you.

A wicked blend of steel and bismuth for better patterns and harder hits. Look for Browning Wicked Blend in 25-round boxes at a retailer or dealer near you.

About Browning Ammunition

The Browning Ammunition portfolio includes popular ammunition offerings in rifle, shotgun, handgun and rimfire, featuring advanced technologies for hunters and shooters. Products are designed to the highest standards of innovation, precision and technology. This relentless pursuit for engineering excellence is precisely what has earned the Buckmark™ its honorable distinction: The Best There Is™. For more information, visit www.browningammo.com or email media@browningammo.com.

About Gun Owners Care

Gun owners care. You care about safety. You care about preventing unauthorized access to firearms. You care about bettering your community, and helping those in need, and conserving wildlife and wild places for generations to come. It’s time for gun owners to tell their stories, to show how they’re making a difference. NSSF®, the trade association for the firearms industry, has established the Gun Owners Care campaign to unite gun owners and the firearms industry in this common cause. Visit gunownerscare.org for more information.