THE FINEST SPLICEABLE “HOLLOW-CORE” SUPER BRAID NOW AVAILABLE IN NEW BLUE COLOR
Cortland, NY (July 10, 2018) – Cortland® C-16™ Spliceable Super Braid is the most advanced gel-spun braid on the market. Designed and manufactured in Cortland, New York, using High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) fibers in a spliceable, 16-carrier construction for extremely small diameter to strength ratio.
C-16 is braided using Cortland’s proprietary hollow-core construction for fast and reliable splicing of wind-on leader end-loops, or direct splices of top shots. The uniform pick count (wraps per inch) creates a more reliable construction while maintaining line strength.
C-16 features Cortland’s proprietary FiberTech™ super braid protection, a unique treatment (not a coating) which penetrates the weave and molecularly bonds to the microfibers to provide just the right amount of body and handling characteristics. ColorLast™ provides the longest lasting color, which will not bleed or fade.
By popular request, a new color, blue has been added to the lineup. Cortland C-16 is now available in three colors: Blue, White and Chartreuse.
Captain Bobby Rice of Cape Cod abuses gear from August to December and his go-to line is C-16 Super Braid.
“Whether I’m vertically jigging, casting stick baits or using conventional tackle with live baits, Cortland C-16 is on board. It is the strongest, most reliable and easiest to splice braided line I have ever used. I love the new blue color and feel that it gives me an edge in super clear water.”
Cortland® C-16 is constructed to be the finest spliceable “hollow-core” braid on the market today. Exceptional performance for demanding saltwater angling.
FEATURES / BENEFITS:
- 16-carrier OptiCon™ Construction – the optimum construction and uniform pick count for outstanding splicing of monofilament or fluorocarbon
- Made with the finest High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) Fibers – 3x stronger than steel by weight.
- Ultra-sensitive and super thin for greater reel capacity.
- FiberTech™ Technology – penetrates and protects the microfibers while providing incredible wear resistance and just the right amount of body
- ColorLast™ Treatment – will not fade or bleed
- Lengths: Available in 600, 1200 and 2500 yard spools
- Lb. Tests: 80 lb., 100 lb., 130 lb. and 200 lb.
- Colors: New Blue, Chartreuse and White
For over 100 years, Cortland Line has been designing and manufacturing the world’s most innovative fly lines and braided fishing lines. With passion and experience, we remain focused on one thing: fishing. Fishing has been, and always will be, what drives us to develop the most advanced lines offered today. Located in Cortland, NY – all of our pro shop lines are made in the USA with the latest in line technology – many technologies that Cortland itself pioneered for the industry.
For more information, please visit