Follow Her Journey at EvaShockey.com to Get Regular Doses of Family, Food, Fashion, Fitness, Home, Travel & Outdoor Adventure
RALEIGH, NC | April 30, 2018 – She’s a proud mom, wife and daughter. She’s an author, a top TV personality and a rising social media star (2M & counting!). She’s an acclaimed bow hunter, a conservationist and a brand ambassador. And, now, Eva Shockey is adding lifestyle blogger to her multi-hyphenate talents.
Eva burst onto the scene about 15 years ago as the co-host of Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures on Outdoor Channel, chronicling her quests all over the world with her father, renowned outfitter Jim Shockey. The competitive Latin ballroom dancer turned huntress has since become a proverbial wrecking ball for breaking through the barriers of the male-dominated arena, ushering in a new wave of women and young girls passionate about outdoor pursuits.
Along her bold journey of empowerment and self-discovery, which she details in her memoir – Taking Aim: Daring to Be Different, Happier, and Healthier in the Great Outdoors (Convergent), Eva has inspired many with her infectious personal style; her daring global travels; her flavorsome field-to-table cooking; her extreme cross-training fitness regimen; and her true love of family.
The new blog is the ultimate destination for those looking for a behind-the-scenes glimpse into Eva’s dynamic life. It spans topics such as:
- Family: The #momlife struggle is real! Eva is married to retired professional hockey player Tim Brent who has recently entered commercial real estate, and they have a vivacious one-year-old daughter named Leni Bow. Eva plans on sharing “mom hacks” aplenty, along with beautiful first moments – like Leni’s first Easter egg hunt.
- Food: Wild game jalapeño poppers anyone? Find this and other healthy grill-tastic recipes, such as moose burgers, elk taco salad and venison chili, on the blog. NOTE: Non-game recipes will also be in the mix. Stay tuned for Eva’s delicious MTN OPS magnum protein pancakes.
- Fashion & Décor: Want to know where Eva’s distressed jeans are from or how you can purchase incredible cowboy boots similar to hers? There’s an e-commerce component to the blog with quick links to shop Eva’s look. Speaking of style, stay tuned for updates on the ever-growing Eva Shockey home décor line at Cabela’s.
- Fitness: Hunting season kicks off in the fall and when Eva isn’t scaling a mountain, she spends the spring and summer in training mode. This former Under Armour pro athlete favors high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which is a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods.
- Home: Eva and Tim have lived in eight houses and three countries in the past five years. They’ve decided to put down roots in Raleigh, North Carolina, and Eva is getting her pseudo HGTV Master’s Degree in building a home from the ground up. Who knew there were so many options for kitchen appliances?
Travel & Outdoor Adventure: A Vancouver Island hunt with her family is set for May, but there’s a lot of prep work that goes into planning such an adventure from educating oneself about the game and its environment, to learning the most current regulations. Between now and then, Eva will be running drills to practice and offering readers of her blog archery how-to’s. Also on the docket for this month are appearances in Dallas, Texas on behalf of Cabela’s and Daniel Defense at the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits.