Combining the finest components available, this backcountry rifle is the embodiment of the late KUIU founder Jason Hairston’s vision, brought to life by the expert gunsmiths at the Remington Custom Shop. Weighing a mere 5.6 pounds, the Ultimate Sheep Rifle is built to withstand the unforgiving conditions and terrain typical of mountain hunting, with a titanium action and carbon-fiber wrapped barrel and premium carbon-fiber stock to ensure unfailing performance and accuracy in any situation.
Gordy & Sons’ Retail Manager Mike Burnett commented that the store took delivery of this rifle just a few weeks ago and it has already attracted a lot of interest: “Firstly, we would like to express our condolences to the friends and family of KUIU owner Jason Hairston. He was a great outdoorsman and committed conservationist. He had an incredible passion for wild sheep which is why he wanted to design this special rifle in partnership with Remington. Just 31 of these rifles have been built. KUIU worked with the Remington team to identify the problems hunters face in the mountains on backpack hunts in really remote locations where weight matters and reliability, consistency, accuracy are all super important in a rifle. Custom cerakoted in KUIU’s Vias pattern, it really stands out on the shelf and will not be around for long.”
Selling price: $5,895
- Action – Remington 700 Titanium Short Action
- Barrel – Proof Research Premium Cut Rifled Carbon Fiber Wrapped
- 20” Light Sendero Contour
- Threaded 5/8 x 24 RH with Custom Muzzle Break
- Thread Protector Included
- Custom Kuiu Engraving
- Barreled Action – Custom Cerakoted in Titanium color
- Stock – Manners Custom Carbon Fiber EH-8 Stock
- Custom Cerakoted in Kuiu Vias pattern by Scalpel Arms
- Aluminum Bedding Pillars
- Custom Bedded with MarineTex
- Custom Aluminum Bi-Pod Rail by Long Rifles Inc.
- Bolt – Spiral Fluted
- Mini Bolt Knob (Badger) with Kuiu Engraving
- Triple Pinned and Timed
- Extractor M-16 Style (Badger Ordnance)
- Custom Duel Ejectors
- Trigger –Timney 510
- Aluminum Parts for weight reduction
- Floorplate with Custom Kuiu Engraving
- Firing Pin
- Bolt Shroud
- Rifle only weight 5.6 Lbs.
- Rifle OA Length 41”
About Gordy & Sons: Having opened its doors in May 2017, Gordy & Sons, Outfitters is an independent, family-owned retail business founded because of a love for hunting and fly fishing, bespoke and fine guns that are voraciously collected and fielded. Located in an 11,000 square foot 1950’s-style stucco building, Gordy & Sons also carefully curates rare sporting art impressively displayed, and keeps up with the local culinary game world, supporting wild food and sustainable resources. With a team of gunsmiths on site for services and repairs, a dedicated customer service team and unparalleled knowledge of the industry, Gordy & Sons is the nation’s premier destination for outdoor pursuits products and services.
Opening times: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
22 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007 USA
For more information, visit www.gordyandsons.com.