It’s that time of year again! The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife & the Maine Forest Service will be hosting a statewide clean-up event Sunday, September 9th 2018. This event will be the day when you can show the private landowners of Maine just how much you really appreciate them. We want to thank Kittery Trading Post, Waste Management and BDS Waste Disposal, our generous sponsors for this year’s Landowner Appreciation Day!
Your club or organization can still enter the event by calling 287-5240 speak with Virginia Vincent, or e-mail her at Virginia.Vincent@maine.gov.
Please provide the following info:
- Club /organization name, (amount in group that will be participating)
- Area of the state where you will be willing to help
- Contact person & phone number, e-mail address
- Clean up sites that you will be working on such as towns, locations, landowners, etc.
Kittery Trading Post has graciously agreed to sponsor the following prizes again this year!
- 1st place prize $1000.00 gift card to KTP
- 2nd place prize $750.00 gift card to KTP
- 3rd place prize $500.00 gift card to KTP
- 4th place prized $250.00 gift card to KTP
Maine Warden Service and Maine Forest Service staff will have sites available as well (via e-mail).
For contest purposes: All loads of trash will be measured by pick-up truck load, at one of the designated drop off spots by Warden Service or Forest Service personnel.
We will be sending more info periodically. Become an Outdoor Partner today and visit our website under Landowner Relations. For more information about the Outdoor Partners Program, please contact Landowner Relations Specialist Corporal Rick LaFlamme at email@example.com .