Secure location for miles, anywhere under open sky – LynQ works when nothing else will.
New York – May 15, 2018 – The days of trying to keep tabs on friends during a music festival where cellular service is nonexistent and maps are useless, getting separated from a partner on a hike or ski slope, or worrying about children wandering off are over with the arrival of LynQ, a smart compass that locates anyone without the need for phones, networks or infrastructure of any kind. Following successful field tests across ski schools, theme parks, music festivals and U.S. Government field experiments, LynQ is being made available today to the public for pre-order on Indiegogo for the super early bird price of $154 for a 2-pack.
Its compass-like display allows people to see their relative distance and direction from each other, keeping people together when other technology fails. From music festivals to the military, LynQ has been rigorously tested. In a joint exercise between the U.S. and Thai governments centered around the technology’s ability to locate wounded soldiers, a formal U.S. government report issued by U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM) cites LynQ’s ability to reduce the time spent locating wounded soldiers by 61 percent while also highlighting the technology’s value in disaster relief. LynQ has also partnered with respected organizations that include Telluride Ski Resort, Envision Music Festival and the Thompson Foundation for Autism.
Cutting Edge Can Be Simple – How It Works
Ideal for outdoor and adventure pursuits, LynQ eliminates the need for phones, apps, subscription fees and reliance on cell phone networks. Groups of up to 12 are able to find each other across miles. The weather-proof, clip-on device uses the company’s proprietary software to display each users’ distance and direction from each other in real-time and allows for tens of thousands of devices to work in the same vicinity – completely secure and without interference.
Easy-to-use at any age, LynQ can be set up in seconds, pairing devices and enter names with a simple one-button interface. A simple click allows users to move between their group members, displaying a user’s name, arrow and number of feet that are visible under any conditions on a backlit and glare-protected screen. Users can also set boundaries for their group, receiving sound, optical and vibration alerts the instant someone leaves the safe zone, which are perfect for young kids, pets and those with special needs or Alzheimer’s. In addition, a “homebase” (i.e. base camp, car, ski lift or hotel) can be set as an anchor for everyone to find each other.
LynQ’s messaging feature will allow users to communicate with each other through a selection of commonly used messages.
A simple user interface and setup act as the gateway to a state-of-the-art, military tested technology. A new way to leverage GPS, LoRa and a custom antenna, LynQ’s proprietary algorithms and communication protocols redefine the capabilities of peer-to-peer location. As a result, LynQ is the most accurate, reliable, long-distance and long-lasting device that can locate people anywhere in the world under open sky without phones, connectivity, infrastructure or even a map.
Endless Use Cases
“After 3 years of development and field tests with government partners, highly respected music festivals, theme parks and ski resorts, we’re excited to share LynQ with the world today,” said Dave Shor, CEO of LynQ. “Today we are focused on our consumer launch and building a B2B rental business aimed at outdoor, adventure, festival and parent audiences, yet the applications for LynQ are endless with military, disaster relief, special needs and Alzheimer’s patients already slated for 2019.”
Examples of use cases include:
- Child safety – Parents can feel comfort in knowing exactly where their children are while allowing them the freedom to explore.
- Any off-the-grid activity – Adventure seekers, such as skiers, hikers, travelers or cyclists, no longer worry about phone signal, maps or phone battery life.
- Alzheimer’s / Elder care – Caretakers and family members can monitor their patients or loved ones that are at risk to wander.
- Special needs care – Wandering is a leading cause of death among Autistic children.
- Public events – From music festivals to sporting events, networks are often overloaded, eliminating cell signal while maps are useless in crowds and without landmarks.
- Disaster recovery and first responders – When locating people is a matter of life and death and infrastructure is destroyed, LynQ is able to save lives.
- Military applications – LynQ was selected to participate in U.S. and Thai government joint R&D exercises centered around the location of wounded and unconscious soldiers. A formal U.S. government cited a 61 percent reduction in response time locating wounded soldiers when using LynQ – literally the difference between life and death.
- Pets – Keeping tabs on pets during hikes or animals in open fields has never been simpler.
Availability & Full Tech Specs
LynQ can withstand any situation with a design and features that include:
- Size – Dimensions: 4” x 2” x 1” Weight: 73g
- Long range and long lasting – Range of up to three miles and up to three days on one charge.
- Real-time tracking – Display shows the distance & direction of every group member at all times.
- Groups – Creates a closed private network for groups of up to 12 people.
- Message capability – Communicate location with group members through commonly used messages.
- Boundaries and Notifications – Alert system lights up, vibrates and rings the instant a group member or child leaves a user-designated safe zone.
- “Homebase” – “Homebase” locations can easily be set to return to static locations, such as a car, campsite or landmark.
- Technology – A new way to leverage GPS, LoRa and a custom antenna, LynQ’s proprietary algorithms and communication protocols redefine the capabilities of peer-to-peer location.
- Durability – The military-tested device is designed to withstand any climate or situation with its weatherproof and waterproof durability.
- Multi-wear – Includes rugged carabiner clip that can snap onto clothing or gear and can be slipped into a pocket, pack or pouch.
- International – Works anywhere in the world without phones, infrastructure or subscriptions.
LynQ is available for pre-order today on Indiegogo.com and will begin shipping in fall 2018. Pre-order pricing starts at $154 for a 2-pack. For more information, please visit: lynqme.com or Indiegogo.com.