As the 2018-19 Season Enters the Final Stretch, McKendree University Leads Bass Pro Shops School of the Year Race
SAN ANTONIO, TX (May 1, 2019) – The calendar has turned over to May, and we are entering the final weeks of the 2018-19 season. That means the chances to earn points towards the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia are beginning to run out. However, this past week marks one of the busier stretches we’ve had over the last several months. This most recent update to the points totals reflects recent results from a BASS Regional, FLW Regional, and a state run event in Wisconsin. Upon totaling the points, McKendree University holds firm in the first-place spot.
The calendar has turned over to May, and we are entering the final weeks of the 2018-19 season. That means the chances to earn points towards the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia are beginning to run out. However, this past week marks one of the busier stretches we’ve had over the last several months. This most recent update to the points totals reflects recent results from a BASS Regional, FLW Regional, and a state run event in Wisconsin. Upon totaling the points, McKendree University holds firm in the first-place spot.
By holding on to the top spot in the School of the Year standings, McKendree continues their four-week run at the top. Team members Jacob Louis and Nathan Doty made the top 12 cut at the recent Bassmaster College Series event on Bull Shoals Lake. The pair weighed in just under 10 pounds of bass on the final day to earn their school 450 points. That top 12 finish pushes McKendree’s point total for the season up to 5,615.
Sitting close behind in second are the reigning School of the Year champions in Bethel University. The team earned a total of 500 points at Bull Shoals thanks to a first-place finish by Carter McNeil and Cole Floyd. McNeil & Floyd won the aforementioned Bassmaster event with a three-day total of 48 pounds 6 ounces. Bethel remains in the second spot for several consecutive updates.
One of the teams making the largest move in total points near the top of the leaderboard is Adrian College. Since the last update, Adrian has earned a total of 800 points. Remaining in fourth since the previous update, the Michigan anglers gained a total of 350 points on the first-place school of McKendree University. This is a very significant jump given the time of the year. Just a few short weeks remain in the 2018-19 School of the Year race. Narrowing the margin to the smallest amount possible entering the Championship will prove to be very crucial for these teams looking to jump into first.
Here are the other key movers inside of the top 25 during this update:
– University of Louisiana – Monroe moves from 11th to 10th to crack the top 10
– University of Wisconsin – Platteville jumps up to 22nd (previously ranked 26th)
– Kansas State University goes from 32nd to 24th
– Greenville University slides up two spots from 27th into 25th
Complete look at the top 25 standings for the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia:
- McKendree University (Lebanon, IL)
- Bethel University (McKenzie, TN)
- Murray State University (Murray, KY)
- Adrian College (Adrian, MI)
- Blue Mountain College (Blue Mountain, MS)
- Bryan College (Dayton, TN)
- Grand Valley State University (Allendale, MI)
- Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK)
- University of Montevallo (Montevallo, AL)
- University of Louisiana – Monroe (Monroe, LA)
- Campbellsville University (Campbellsville, KY)
- West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV)
- University of North Alabama (Florence, AL)
- Arkansas Tech University (Russellville, AR)
- Auburn University (Auburn, AL)
- Bemidji State University (Bemidji, MN)
- Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, TX)
- University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)
- East Texas Baptist University (Marshall, TX)
- University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Texas A&M (College Station, TX)
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (Platteville, WI)
- Northwestern State University (Natchitoches, LA)
- Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS)
- Greenville University (Greenville, IL)
For more information about the Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, please visit www.CollegiateBassChampionship.com.
Stay up to date and Follow Us!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/collegiatebass/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/collegiatebass
Subscribe to our videos!
Listen to our #WeAreCollegiateBass Podcast!
About the Association of Collegiate Anglers
The Association of Collegiate Anglers (ACA), a division of CarecoTV, is a tournament organization created to facilitate growth, development, and structure within competitive collegiate bass fishing. The ACA created the original BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Series,14 seasons ago, which is now the Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, and the longest running collegiate bass fishing series in existence. The ACA provides support to dozens of school operating regional events nationwide, and owns the Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, Bass Pro Shops School of Year Program, and associated assets. The ACA also provides the largest amount of televised coverage of any collegiate fishing series with dedicated programming on several television networks ranging from Discovery Channel, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Pursuit Channel, World Fishing Network, as well as other regional and national networks. For more information on the ACA or the Bass Pro Shops Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, visit www.CollegiateBassChampionship.com. For more information on Bass Pro Shops, visit www.BassProShops.com. For more information on CarecoTV, visit www.CarecoTV.com.