Seventeen groups and organizations selected
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (September 18, 2018) – National Hunting and Fishing Day announces the recipients for 2018 NHF Day Live It! grant program. In conjunction with Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative (OAI), NHF Day selected and awarded $10,000 in grants to 17 various groups and organizations as part of the grassroots program aimed to introduce people to the outdoors.
NHF Day and Yamaha strive to promote growth in conservation efforts through a wide range of projects. The deserving organizations of the Live It! grants are able to help further each of their program’s goals of connecting everyone to the outdoors. This marks the fifth year NHF day and the Yamaha OAI have collaborated to provide funds for NHF Day-related events.
NHF Day encouraged clubs, associations and agencies to submit detailed applications for their specific needs.A select committee reviewed each application and awarded grants to help fund deserving events. All events must be NHF Day focused and must be hosted during August, September or October of 2018. This year’s NHF Day is set for Sept. 22.
2018 Live It! Grant Recipients:
- Ohio Women in the Outdoors 19th Annual Three-Day Event
- The Catawba Valley Wildlife Club National Hunting & Fishing Day Event
- Cheboygan County Chapter of the NWTF Jake’s Day
- Christiansburg Recreation Center Tony L. Huddleston Trout Rodeo
- Country Pond Fish and Game Club’s National Hunting and Fishing Day Open House
- Onondaga Federation of Sportsmen’s Club Sportsmen’s Days at Carpenter’s Brook
- Fishing for Families Responsible Angling Graduation Trip
- Friends of Wolf Creek’s Annual Reaching for Rainbows, Wounded Warrior, and Catch-a-Smile Fishing Derbies
- Gateway Outdoor Learning Center’s Discover Day
- Lake Washington Chapter of the NWTF’s Jake’s Explore the Outdoors Event
- NWTF 5th Annual Women in the Outdoors New Mexico Event
- Pheasants Forever’s Women’s Wing-Shooting Clinic II
- Spring River Toms Free NWTF Jakes Youth Event
- Susquehanna Council, BSA’s Hooked on Scouting Event
- Tiffin Seneca County Izaak Walton League’s National Hunting and Fishing Day Derby
- Uwharrie Youth Sportsmen Association’s 2nd annual Wildlife Camp
- West Virginia Division of Natural Resources’ 2018 National Hunting and Fishing Day Celebration
For more information on these events and more NHF Day celebrations across the nation, check out the events page at www.nhfday.org.
The Yamaha OAI is celebrating its 10th year of supporting outdoor recreation. For more information on the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative, visit YamahaOAI.com.
In addition to support from Yamaha, NHF Day is made possible through the sponsorship and generous support of these well-respected companies and brands: National Shooting Sports Foundation, Bass Pro Shop, Realtree, Ducks Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, and Izaak Walton League of America.