St. Paul, Minn. – Oct. 11, 2018 – Building upon a track record of public lands support, Pheasants Forever is pleased to announce onX as the organization’s newest national sponsor. The Montana-based company is reputed for unlocking the nation’s premier public/private lands using mapping technology specially designed for hunters. Every onX Hunt membership purchased with the promo code “PHEASANTS” will positively impact grassland conservation efforts nationwide, supporting the passion of wingshooters while helping provide a bright future for the birds.
“Founded by hunters for hunters, onX’s commitment to giving back to conservation groups such as Pheasants Forever is a large priority for the company,” said Matt Seidel, product owner for the onX Hunt App. “By contributing to Pheasants Forever with each Hunt App purchased, we feel this national sponsorship shows a strong commitment to both our dedication and desire for improving habitat and solving access concerns for Pheasants Forever members.”
The acclaimed onX Hunt App is an innovative tool to easily locate public lands, private landowner information, and specific hunting units throughout the United States (states are also available individually). Hunt App users can turn their smartphone, iPad, or GPS unit into a multi-layered map which shows public and private property boundaries, hunting unit boundaries, and landowner contact information—all layered over aerial imagery or topographic base maps. Users entering the promo code “PHEASANTS” when purchasing the application at onXmaps.com/hunt can save 20 percent while supporting the wildlife habitat conservation efforts of Pheasants Forever.
“OnX is a revolutionary tool for upland hunters to identify access points with quality habitat and robust bird numbers, leading to successful time afield and ultimately helping solve access issues, one of the barriers for new hunter recruitment,” stated Chris Kalis, director of corporate partnerships for Pheasants Forever. “Better yet, onX is dedicated to funding access for the future while aligning with our mission for habitat conservation.”
In addition to advertising in the Pheasants Forever Journal of Upland Conservation and the organization’s websites and social media channels, the following points highlight key components of the partnership:
- National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic – As a bronze sponsor for the 2019 National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic in Schaumburg, Illinois, onX products and special presentations on its patented technology will be on display and available to convention attendees.
- Upland Access Video Series – Stay tuned for a series of five videos throughout the year, demonstrating how the Hunt App can be a game changer for wingshooters in various regions of the country.
- Pheasants Forever Land Acquisition Map Layer – onX will help develop a new map layer for Hunt App users highlighting more than 195,000 acres of public access bought, purchased, and managed by Pheasants Forever and its partners.
- Public Lands Projects Review – Pheasants Forever and onX will co-sponsor a partner video on new access projects created through the financial contributions of members, chapters, and corporate supporters.
- National Hunter-Mentor Training Program – Helping to Recruit, Retain, and Reactivate the next generation of conservation stewards, onX memberships will be included as part of a new hunter training program, helping mentors and mentees alike find public hunting access in their local communities.
- Chapter Banquet Program – onX memberships and Hunt App technology will be available at more than 700 chapter fundraising banquets nationwide in 2019, helping members and banquet attendees identify public access opportunities throughout the year.
The mission behind onX is to always know where you stand. onX gives outdoor enthusiasts more information about their surroundings than they ever thought possible. We strive to create the most complete, current, and accurate mapping information available, including land ownership, roads, trails, and other access-related data. By providing people the best and most up-to-date data and GPS technology in the palm of their hand, onX seeks to help people have the best outdoor experience possible. Read more at www.onxmaps.com.
About Pheasants Forever
Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation’s largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 725 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $784 million on 530,000 habitat projects benefiting 17 million acres nationwide.
Pheasants Forever is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education and land management policies and programs.