June 2018 – Prois®, the top name in ladies high-performance technical hunting apparel, is now offering their Olann line of women’s base-layer hunting garments in the Cumbre™ camo pattern. Cumbre™ is a camo system jointly developed by Veil® Camo and Prois® to be THE exclusive camo pattern for women’s outdoor apparel and accessories.
The Olann base layer line features 96% merino wool content with a 4% Lycra blend. This material construction offers a perfect fit while allowing for full, non-constrictive range of motion so essential to hunting. It also conforms to a wide variety of body types. Since merino is a highly adaptive, exceptionally soft wool that keeps you cool in warm temperatures and is highly efficient at trapping body heat in cold weather, it is the ideal four-season base layer material. Unlike synthetic fibers, merino wool can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture and still feel dry—essentially wicking away moisture from your skin so it can evaporate. The merino wool found in Olann base layer garments is also naturally anti-microbial, which minimizes odor, and since the fibers are ultra-soft, they don’t itch like conventional wool.
Olann Base Layer Line
- 1/2 Zip – Worn solo in warm weather or as an upper body foundation for cold conditions, the 1/2 Zip has a long torso cut for an optimal, athletic fit plus thumbholes in the sleeves. For hot, early season conditions, the zipper can expose the upper torso for maximum ventilation.
- Bottom – Featuring an athletic profile and a wide elastic waist band for support, the Olann bottom keeps legs warm without the bulk—essential for climbing and long hikes.
- Tank – For exceptionally warm-weather hunting or as an added “core warmth” layer, the Olann Tank stands ready. The long torso, athletic fit, and “racerback” design offers warmth and superior moisture control while allowing upper body freedom for shooting.
- Bra – Built with racerback athletic styling and a wide elastic band, the Olann Bra provides the kind of active support and all-day comfort needed on backcountry adventures. Additional benefits include moisture and odor control, and four-season performance for hot or cold climates.
- Glove Liner – Form-fitting with plenty of stretch, the Olann Glove Liners work as stand-alone concealment gloves in warm or slightly cool conditions or as an added-warmth liner glove inside heavy-weight gloves in frigid weather. They are quick to dry and provide insulating warmth even when wet.
A high-quality base layer is essential to any hunting garment system, whether you’re hunting in warm or cold weather. The new Olann base layer system provides that “any condition, anywhere” performance experienced women hunters demand due to the multi-functional Veil® Cumbre™ pattern.
Established in 2008, Prois quickly become the #1 sought after women’s hunting apparel line. Welcome to the world of Prois where we believe women hunt hard and deserve the gear to support their pursuits. What sets Prois apart? It is our belief that women require performance outdoor gear for their hunting and field pursuits. We are committed to you, the female hunter.