Boise, ID (Apr. 24, 2019) – The ALR-16 is like a prize fighter that talks big and backs it up with consecutive titles. Built on the AR15 platform, it offers unique styling and performance that has made it a trusted anchor in the 2A Armament lineup.
As with any 2A product, the quality of machining sets an exceptionally high bar for quality and design. The ALR-16 is finely tuned with a billet flared mag-well, CNC machined upper receiver and a Full Mass Bolt Carrier that has a uniquely machined body using QPQ process.
The Aetheon Handguard styling along with QD mounts on the lower receiver round out the design, making this one of the sharpest looking rifles on the market. At a mere 5 pounds 4 ounces, the reaction time and ability to carry the rifle for long periods of time with minimal fatigue is unmatched while still delivering a high performance, stable shooting platform.
2A Armament machines and manufactures every component right in Idaho.The team is proud to not only manufacture the ALR-16 in the USA but like every model, it is designed, tested and refined to perfection by firearm loving Americans. The love, sweet and effort behind each rifle is enjoyed by loyal 2A customers around the country.
Key Product Specs:
- 2A Aethon Lower Receiver – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet with flared mag-well, integrated side QD mounts, hard coat type-III anodized, rear tensioning screw, rear takedown spring retainer, screw in bolt catch pin.
- 2A Aethon Upper Receivers – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet, includes forward assist, mil-spec port door, retained port door rod, M-4 feed ramps, machined indexing marks.
- 2A Full Mass Bolt Carrier (with forward assist) – 8620 machined body with QPQ process, 9310 machined bolt, cryogenically treated , MPT, QPQ process
- 2A Barrel – 16″ Pencil profile, 416-R stainless steel, mid-length gas system, 5.56 NATO spec chamber, 1 in 8 twist, 1/2×28 thread, QPQ process, titanium gas block.
- 2A Receiver Extension – 2A Armament buffer tube and 2A latch plate, standard H-Buffer.
- 2A Aethon Handguard – 2A Armament 15″ 6061 extruded Aethon styled rail, M-LOK with QD mounts, titanium barrel nut.
- 2A muzzle device – 2A Titanium T3 compensator.
- Charging Handle: BCM-mod4b
- Stock/Grip – MAGPUL MIAD Grip, Mission First minimalist stock.
- Lower Parts – 2A magazine catch, 2A through drilled titanium takedown pins, Mil-spec safety and bolt catch.
- Trigger – ALG-ACT trigger group with optional light or heavy hammer spring.
- Weight – 5.0 lbs 4 oz
- Ships with one MAGPUL P-MAG and die cut foam box
- Product of the Great State of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- Note: 2A Armament lightweight and regulated bolt carriers do not support the forward assist feature on this upper receiver
Built with performance and craftsmanship in mind, 2A Armament offers a dynamic line up of hunting and precision rifles, uppers, parts, and accessories. 2A Armament’s facilities feature state of the art manufacturing and process controls to ensure the highest possible quality in high-volume, technically demanding components and finished rifles on the market. We are a CNC, ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certified advance manufacturing machining shop for the aerospace, medical, prosthetic, motorsports, semiconductor and outdoor recreation markets. Out technical ability coupled with hand finishing of every part, results in an unmatched fit, finish, and performance of our firearms. There is no better AR platform available to consumers that present a better balance or weight, performance and value.
For more information, please visit