ATHENS, GA (March 5, 2020) – The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead all aspects of the organization, including financial management, philanthropic donor development, membership and corporate sponsor development, conservation programs, advocacy, grant making and R3 programs.
The CEO will report directly to the Board of Directors and be responsible for inspiring and leading a widely diverse workforce such that they function as a productive team with ownership of organizational success.
The CEO will possess proven business skills, be adaptable and visionary. The CEO will work closely with the Chairman and members of the Board on strategic direction, developing policy and elevating the profile of QDMA within the conservation and hunting industries. The CEO should have a background in relationship building across various demographic groups. The CEO should possess a passion for deer, deer hunting, wildlife conservation and mentoring new hunters so that they are able to independently and humanely secure venison for their tables. The CEO should be able to quickly articulate the QDMA mission in such a way that instills strong confidence and trust that the organization will be successful in its financial affairs and mission delivery.
- Business Leadership, Vision and Process-Driven Execution: The CEO must possess business minded vision and a proven record of successful, process-driven idea execution. In partnership with the Board, the CEO must have the skills necessary to provide direction while delegating authority to rapidly and effectively accomplish identified strategic objectives.
- Clarity of Communication and Team First: The CEO will possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written. The successful candidate understands that the team is much stronger than any one individual, and one of the greatest responsibilities of the CEO is to surround themselves with a workforce of complimentary and diverse skillsets, allowing them every opportunity to prosper in the culture created by the CEO and Board.
- Ambassadorship, Philanthropic Development and Asset Growth: The CEO will possess proven skills in building valued relationships with philanthropists, membership groups, conservation organizations and corporate sponsors, thus promoting growth and ensuring financial strength which in turn clears roadblocks for successful mission delivery.
- Passion for Mission Advancement: The CEO will have a track record that reflects a strong commitment to deer, deer hunting, wildlife conservation and new hunter recruitment.
- Board Governance & Leadership: The CEO will be experienced in dealing with a broadly diverse group of Board members. The CEO will guide the Board in meeting its governance responsibilities in a productive, efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration or other equivalent degree
- Proven, successful, business-oriented leader in a recent prior position.
- Experience leading an organization or a division within a multi-million-dollar organization.
- Knowledge of financial statements and pro-forma budgeting techniques.
- Ability to instill confidence and build relationships among executives, partners and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand issues quickly, be adaptable and execute business plans successfully.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
- Proficient knowledge in computer software applications (MS Office) and social networking
Salary and Benefits: The position offers competitive compensation, benefits and a relocation package.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Complete Application Instructions will be found at www.qdma.com/employment
QDMA is dedicated to ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage. Founded in 1988, QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization with 50,000 members in all 50 states and Canada. To learn more about QDMA and why it is the future of deer hunting, call 800-209-3337 or visit www.QDMA.com. QDMA can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheQDMA and Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheQDMA.