ASHLAND, Ore. (August 2, 2018) — Work Sharp Outdoor, the leading manufacturer of knife and tool sharpeners, encourages sportsmen and women to hone their passion – and their knives and tools – in advance of Annual Knife Day, which takes place nationwide August 24.
Throughout August, Work Sharp will run a series of social media campaigns designed to engage hunters, anglers and craftsmen. The campaign consists of five giveaways, one for each week of August, and culminates with a grand prize giveaway on August 31. The winners will receive prize packs that include gear from Work Sharp Outdoor, Benchmade, Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, Columbia River Knife and Tool, and renowned knife maker Ken Onion.
“Our loyal customers are essential to the success we’ve had for more than 45 years,” said Kyle Crawford, Work Sharp Brand Manager. “This campaign is designed to celebrate those individuals and the activities that make them unique.”
To enter the giveaway, individuals should:
- like Work Sharp Tools on Facebook and share the specified contest post with their friends;
- follow @WorkSharpTools on Instagram and comment on the specified contest post;
- and sign up for Work Sharp Outdoor’s newsletter.
Individuals are also encouraged to share how they #WorkSharpStaySharp in the field on their own social media channels.
“This campaign is not just about a product, but a lifestyle,” Crawford said. “We want to be part of the adventure. We want to help you celebrate a successful camping, hunting or fishing trip. #WorkSharpStaySharp does that by inviting our customers to tell their stories, and prepare for their next adventure.”
The first campaign kicks off on August 1 with a giveaway including the Work Sharp Cabela’s Edition Original Knife and Tool Sharpener, and a $500 gift card to Cabela’s, to be awarded on August 8. The remaining giveaways are as follows:
- Winner No. 2, chosen August 15: Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener and Benchmade knife
- Winner No. 3, chosen August 21: Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition Knife and Tool Sharpener, and knife from Columbia River Knife and Tool, signed by renowned knife maker Ken Onion
- Winner No. 4, chosen August 22: Work Sharp Sportsman Edition Original Knife and Tool Sharpener, and $500 gift card to Bass Pro Shops
- Grand Prize Winner, chosen August 31: Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System, Guided Field Sharpener,
- Pocket Knife Sharpener, Ken Onion Edition Knife and Tool Sharpener with Blade Grinding Attachment, knife signed by Ken Onion, and more.
Work Sharp is proud to offer free knife sharpening at each of the Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops retail locations. Visit your local Cabela’s/Bass Pro Shops Sharpening Center today to hone your edge and sample Work Sharp’s complete line of products, including the new Pocket Knife Sharpener and the ever-popular Original Knife and Tool Sharpener.
In the field, on the water, at your workbench, or wherever your passion takes you – sharp knives and tools are essential to your success. This month, celebrate how you #WorkSharpStaySharp with Work Sharp Outdoor.
About Work Sharp Outdoor
Work Sharp Outdoor is a division of Darex, a 4th-generation, family-owned business in Ashland, Oregon. Darex has produced industry-leading sharpening tools for more than 45 years. Work Sharp’s complete line of manual and power sharpeners is trusted by hunters and craftsmen worldwide; its longstanding reputation is built on exceptional products that make sharpening faster and easier than other systems in the market, without compromising performance. Today, Darex is over 100 co-workers strong and has sold over 5 million sharpeners.