Boise, Idaho (August 20, 2018) – 2A Armament has set a new bar for lightweight, high powered rifles with the finely machined XLR rifle series. Available in the extremely accurate 6.5mm Creedmoor and a .308, these AR10’s are built for serious hunters and shooting enthusiasts.
When it comes to weight, you won’t find many models that compare. The XLR20 is a 6.5mm Creedmoor weighing 6.85-pounds and the XLR18 is a .308 weighing 6.75-pounds. Both models are available in black and the XLR20 has the option for a KUIU Camo finish.
The reason 2A can shave extra weight off the rifles without sacrificing an ounce of accuracy or performance lies in their extraordinary machining abilities. The CNC machined 7075-T6 billet on the upper and lower receivers combined with the QPQ process on the bolt and carrier makes this a rock solid yet lightweight rifle. Every piece of metal is machined with precision guided processes. Perfection is the game and 2A goes the extra mile to make each element of the XLR rifles.
Big game hunters rejoice at the ability to shoot two of their favorite calibers on the flexible and easy to customize AR platform. The weight reduction alone makes this a highly desirable weapon, especially for tactical shooters covering long distances on foot.
Key Product Specs:
- 2A LOWER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet with flared mag-well, rear tensioning screw, rear take down spring retainer, and screw in bolt catch pin.
- 2A UPPER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet, “slick side” design, retained port door rod, M4 style feed ramps, machined T numbers in picatinny rail.
- 2A BOLT AND CARRIER (Full Mass) – 8620 machined body with QPQ process, 9310 machined bolt, cryogenically treated, MPT, QPQ process.
- 2A HANDGUARD – Xanthos Lite 15″ XSC, 6061 extrusions with aluminum barrel nut. M-LOK format.
- 2A BARREL -20″ 2A contour lightweight 6.5 Creedmoor profile, 4150 gun barrel steel with QPQ Nitride, black oxide extension, rifle-length gas system, 6.5 Creedmoor SAAMI Chamber, 1 in 8 twist
- 2A GAS BLOCK – .750 dia titanium gas block.
- 2A MUZZLE DEVICE – .308 X4 steel brake
- 2A RECEIVER EXTENSION – Mil-spec, 8 position 6061-T6, standard H2 buffer.
- BCM-Gunfighter 762 mod 3 charging handle.
- STOCK/GRIP – MAGPUL MIAD Grip, Mission First MFT stock.
- TRIGGER – Timney,Two stage, flat trigger, 2lb set/2lb release
- LOWER PARTS – Mil-spec safety, magazine catch, bolt catch, through drilled 2A titanium takedown pins.
- Ships with one 10 round MAGPUL P-MAG and die cut foam box
- WEIGHT – 6.85 pounds (6.75 in the XLR18)
Built with performance and craftsmanship in mind, 2A Armament offers a dynamic line up of hunting and precision rifles, uppers, parts, and accessories. 2A Armament’s facilities feature state of the art manufacturing and process controls to ensure the highest possible quality in high-volume, technically demanding components and finished rifles on the market. We are a CNC, ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certified advance manufacturing machining shop for the aerospace, medical, prosthetic, motorsports, semiconductor and outdoor recreation markets. Out technical ability coupled with hand finishing of every part, results in an unmatched fit, finish, and performance of our firearms. There is no better AR platform available to consumers that present a better balance or weight, performance and value.
For more information, please visit